Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
William DeLeo

Default frustrated with VBA select/activate and screen flips

I'd like to execute a series of commands without pulling the various
screens worked on to the front. The user needs to see no screen flips
to the sheets referenced.

I believe I need to replace all my "activesheet." and "selection."
commands with specific sheet references ... but all I get is errors
when I try. There must be some rhyme or reason, but I am not seeing
it. Guidance please.

TIA
WD

The following blocks of code need to be modified:

1)
Worksheets("Usage Log").Activate
With ActiveSheet.AutoFilter.Range

2)
Sheets("Usage Log").Select
Selection.AutoFilter Field:=2, Criteria1:=date_selection

3)
Worksheets("Usage Log").Activate
ActiveSheet.Cells.Select
Selection.AutoFilter