-   -   sorting data (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/93696-sorting-data.html)

armagan

sorting data

hi,

I have a long list of names and addresses. which I want to sort into a
simple list.

currently the list has the following format;

(these denote the column labels)
Address1 Address2 Post code Name 1 Name 2 Name 3

where Name 1 is the name of the first person at the location, name 2 a
second person etc.

I want to compile this into a list

so that the list has the follwing format instead;

Name 1 Address1 Address2 Post code
Name 2 Address1 Address2 Post code
Name 3 Address1 Address2 Post code

ie each individual has its own complete record in a simplified list.

I'm after a VBA procedure which will do all the above.

thanks for your help.

--
armagan
armagan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34237

Marcelo

sorting data

Hi Armagan,

try to sse the tips on this site, maybe it could help you

regards from Brazil - going to the 6th world cup
Marcelo

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/sortws.htm
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...#sortallsheets