-   -   How do I calculate and display in British Pounds and/or Euros? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/93534-how-do-i-calculate-display-british-pounds-euros.html)

Staeger

How do I calculate and display in British Pounds and/or Euros?

We have recently taken our business to Europe. One of the spreadsheets we use
is a Job Profitability Plan that tracks the value of the contract as it
relates to number of hours worked on the project. The number of hours
rolls-up into a dollar value for stateside work. We need to replicate the
spreadsheet and have it calculate Pounds Sterling for the U.K. and euros for
the rest of Europe.

Bernard Liengme

How do I calculate and display in British Pounds and/or Euros?

Not clear what you mean by 'calculate'. If the values are computed first in
US dollars and you want to convert then you will need to now today's
exchange rate. Find this on Internet.

Otherwise, if all values are in pounds, just do the math the normal way (but
you must raise you pinkie when typing!)

To display just pick a format with £ or ? from Excel's Currency format
dialog (at least in XL 2003).

In many European countries one writes 10,50? rather than ?10.50 (symbol is
post rather than pre, and decimal symbol is comma not period)
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Staeger" wrote in message
We have recently taken our business to Europe. One of the spreadsheets we
use
is a Job Profitability Plan that tracks the value of the contract as it
relates to number of hours worked on the project. The number of hours
rolls-up into a dollar value for stateside work. We need to replicate the
spreadsheet and have it calculate Pounds Sterling for the U.K. and euros
for
the rest of Europe.

Bearacade

How do I calculate and display in British Pounds and/or Euros?

If you just want to make the number appear as Euros or GBPs, you can
just use cell format, Currency and Symbol.

If you are taking exisiting Data, and need to convert it into those
currencies, you would need to work out a formula for the exchange
rates.

--
Bearacade

Bearacade's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35016
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=551159

Staeger

How do I calculate and display in British Pounds and/or Euros?

This was helpful...thank you.