-   -   What Am I Doing Wrong (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/93471-what-am-i-doing-wrong.html)

comparini3000

What Am I Doing Wrong

I'm testing an idea I had. In cells B1, 2, and 3 I have the numbers 1, 2, and
3, respectively. I wrote a macro hoping to put the value 4 in cell C1.
However, this macro is intended to add 1 to the preceding value, so, for
example, if cell B52 has the value 52 in it, the macro will put the value 53
in cell C1. Here's my code:

Sub test()
Dim x As Integer
Range("B1").Select
Selection.End(xlDown).Select
Selection.Value = x
x = x + 1
Range("C1").Select
Selection.Value = x
End Sub

My problem is that the last value (in my test it was 3, in cell B3) was
changed to zero, so the value of 1 was put in C1. What am I doing wrong?

comparini3000

comparini3000

What Am I Doing Wrong

found the error -- the first "selection.value = x" should be "x =
selection.value"