-   -   Copy only celss with text not blanks (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/93446-copy-only-celss-text-not-blanks.html)

lorraine knight

Copy only celss with text not blanks

I am trying to copy a row, using paste special "transpose" to paste in a
column, but I dont want to copy any blank fields, How can I do this

Lorraine

--
lorraine knight
lorraine knight's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35294

InLikeFlynnCA

Copy only celss with text not blanks

Lorraine,
First, you need to add to your tool bar the "select visible cells" button.
It can be found in the "Edit" category. Next, hide the columns that don't
have any data in the row you are trying to copy. Highlight that row, click
on the "select visible cells" button, then click on the copy button. Put
your cursor where you want to paste, select paste special, transpose and it
should work.

Good Luck!,
Lisa

"lorraine knight" wrote:

I am trying to copy a row, using paste special "transpose" to paste in a
column, but I dont want to copy any blank fields, How can I do this

Lorraine

--
lorraine knight
lorraine knight's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35294
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=551034

lorraine knight

Copy only celss with text not blanks

HI Lisa,

thanks for your response, I dont think I explained the problem
properly, I have a worksheet A1:IV600, in column A1:A600 I have one
name per row, in columns B:IV i have the product codes, I have entered
data by row in the corresponding product column (there is a minimum of
one and maximum of 17 ) entries or cells filled per row accross the 250
columns, thus leaving lots of blanks, I want to copy the data, or
products each person has bought into a smaller worksheet, i.e. reducing
the 250 columns to 18, how do I avoid copy of blank cells

Lorraine