-   -   get rid of formatting clipboard thing? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/93435-get-rid-formatting-clipboard-thing.html)

GoBobbyGo

get rid of formatting clipboard thing?

I'm not sure what the official name for it is. But when I copy some cells,
or a row (I use Excel 2002 at work) I get a little clipboard icon with a set
of "paste options" (keep source formatting, match destination formatting,
etc).

I've never once wanted to use this clipboard, and it almost always pops up
on top of something I want to look at or click on. It's very annoying.

Is there a way to get rid of this thing when it pops up?

Better yet, is there a way to stop it from popping up in the first place?

Paul Mathews

get rid of formatting clipboard thing?

In the Excel menu, select ToolsOptions. From the Options dialogue, select
the "Edit" tab. Uncheck "Show paste options buttons".