-   -   How to indicate in formula to choose the entire column starting from a specified cell? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/93360-how-indicate-formula-choose-entire-column-starting-specified-cell.html)

[email protected]

How to indicate in formula to choose the entire column starting from a specified cell?

How would you indicate in a formula for Excel to choose an entire
column? Say, for example I want to sum up all the values in column C
starting from C4?

Also, how would I indicate to Excel to sum up values excluding a few?
Say I want to sum up columns C2 to C12 but not C10 and C5.

Thank you!

Dave Peterson

How to indicate in formula to choose the entire column starting froma specified cell?

=sum(C:C)
for the whole column.

=sum(c4:c65536)
for C4 and everything after that.

=sum(c2:c12)-sum(c5,c10)
is one way.

=sum(c2:c4,c6:c9,c11)
is another.

--

Dave Peterson

Ragdyer

How to indicate in formula to choose the entire column starting from a specified cell?

To choose an *entire* column, you could use:

=SUM(C:C)

But, to sum from C4, you might try:
=SUM(C4:C65536)

You could also try:
=SUM(C2:C12,-C5,-C10)

--
HTH,

RD

wrote in message
oups.com...
How would you indicate in a formula for Excel to choose an entire
column? Say, for example I want to sum up all the values in column C
starting from C4?

Also, how would I indicate to Excel to sum up values excluding a few?
Say I want to sum up columns C2 to C12 but not C10 and C5.

Thank you!

[email protected]

How to indicate in formula to choose the entire column starting from a specified cell?

Thanks, skipped my mind to use Excel's finite size limitation.