-   -   Row background colours (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/93271-row-background-colours.html)

dramajuana

Row background colours

Is there a way to automatically color every other row with a certain color?
Selecting each row individually is starting to make me go nutty.

Biff

Row background colours

http://cpearson.com/excel/banding.htm

Biff

"dramajuana" wrote in message
Is there a way to automatically color every other row with a certain
color?
Selecting each row individually is starting to make me go nutty.

Gord Dibben

Row background colours

Select all rows.

FormatConditional FormattingFormula is: =MOD(ROW(),2)=1

Pick a pattern from Format and OK your way out.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 13:36:02 -0700, dramajuana
wrote:

Is there a way to automatically color every other row with a certain color?
Selecting each row individually is starting to make me go nutty.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

dramajuana

Row background colours

That works; thank you.

Now, is it possible to make that stop in, say, column E so that the pretty
colors don't continue on into infinity (or 256, whichever comes first)?

wrote:

Is there a way to automatically color every other row with a certain color?
Selecting each row individually is starting to make me go nutty.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Dave Peterson

Row background colours

Select just the range you want.

All of columns A:E or even A1:E9999

Then apply that conditional formatting.

--

Dave Peterson

KellTainer

Row background colours

=AND(COLUMN()<=5,MOD(ROW(),2)=1)

This code will make the colouring stop after column E. Adjust the
number as you see fit.

--
KellTainer
KellTainer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34322

Max

Row background colours

"dramajuana" wrote:
... is it possible to make that stop in, say, column E so that the pretty
colors don't continue on into infinity (or 256, whichever comes first)?

Instead of selecting all rows,
try selecting only the range (say: select A1:D100)
before you apply the CF
--
Max
Singapore