-   -   entering numbers (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/93269-entering-numbers.html)

vjc

entering numbers

Recently I reinstall my Excel on different computer and when I start to
enter data to my existing for years spreadsheets it immidiatly convert
1, 2, 3, etc. to 0.1, 0.2, 0.3 etc. in any sell format - general,
numeric...

How can I fix it?

Thanks,
VJC

Ron Coderre

entering numbers

Try this:

From the Excel main menu:
<tools<options<edit tab
UN-check: Fixed decimal places

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"vjc" wrote:

Recently I reinstall my Excel on different computer and when I start to
enter data to my existing for years spreadsheets it immidiatly convert
1, 2, 3, etc. to 0.1, 0.2, 0.3 etc. in any sell format - general,
numeric...

How can I fix it?

Thanks,
VJC