-   -   excel protection "Hidden" (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/93234-excel-protection-hidden.html)

tikchye_oldLearner57

excel protection "Hidden"

hello community

I am not so sure what is the 'Hidden" checkbox for when I go into the Format
Cell dialog box under the Protection Tab.

can someone please assist me on what is the function for the 'Hidden" and
how can I use it for protecting my worksheet.

thanks for kind assistance render
--
oldLearner57

somethinglikeant

excel protection "Hidden"

tikchye_oldLearner57 wrote:
hello community

I am not so sure what is the 'Hidden" checkbox for when I go into the Format
Cell dialog box under the Protection Tab.

can someone please assist me on what is the function for the 'Hidden" and
how can I use it for protecting my worksheet.

thanks for kind assistance render
--
oldLearner57

'Hidden' simply refers to whether or not you want the formulas you have
written into the particular cell to be visible or not when a user
selects that cell. If the box is unchecked the user can see the
contents of the cell in the formula bar above the column headers.

'Locked' renders the cell read-only so users cannot change or delete
contents.

Another thing to remember is that locking or hiding cells has no effect
unless you protect the sheet of the workbook you are using.

go toolsprotection protect sheet to do so.

somethinglikeant