-   -   Borders are missing (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/93113-borders-missing.html)

LAB

Borders are missing

When working in excel - on occasion the cells seem to lose their border and
no amount of copy and past gets them back - suggestions? This does not look
professional when I email to upper managers.

Gary''s Student

Borders are missing

There are two kinds of "borders"

1. real borders
Format Cells... Borders and make the border
This kind of border will only dissappear if the cell contents roll forward
into the next cell

2. cell outlines
This kind will vanish on roll-forward. They can be surpressed during
printing.
They will also be surpressed if an interior color is selected.

The best way to insure the borders will be there is to use method #1
--
Gary's Student

"LAB" wrote:

When working in excel - on occasion the cells seem to lose their border and
no amount of copy and past gets them back - suggestions? This does not look
professional when I email to upper managers.

L Lightner

Borders are missing

She is using the actual "borders" feature that she accesses from the borders
button on the formatting bar. It is usually the bottom border tho. The border
shows up in Print Preview, but when she goes to print it sometimes will not
print out.

I appreciate any input.
--
L Lightner