-   -   How do I copy a list of Subtotals? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/92978-how-do-i-copy-list-subtotals.html)

heelfan

How do I copy a list of Subtotals?

I'm using Excel 2003 and Windows XP Pro.
I'm using a list of accounts that I've sub-totaled by using the buttons in
the top left to compress the rows to show only the sub-totals. I want to
copy that list of sub-totals and only the sub-total data. Every time I try
to copy and paste or paste special, I get all the uncompressed rows. I only
want to have the sub-totals as data that I can then manipulate the sub-totals.
I hope this question is not too unclear, because I'm really stymied and need
help on this!!

Dave Peterson

How do I copy a list of Subtotals?

Hide the rows you don't want.
select the range
edit|goto|special|check visible cells only
Edit|copy

and edit|paste at the new location.

--

Dave Peterson