-   -   SUMPRODUCT (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/92851-sumproduct.html)

Mark McDonough

SUMPRODUCT

I see a lot of posts here to do with sumproduct and I know how it works
(multiplying corresponding data in arrays and then summing the results) but
what practical applications does it have.

What situations would best be taken advantage of by using sumproduct?

Bondi

SUMPRODUCT

Mark McDonough wrote:
I see a lot of posts here to do with sumproduct and I know how it works
(multiplying corresponding data in arrays and then summing the results) but
what practical applications does it have.

What situations would best be taken advantage of by using sumproduct?

Hi,

Have a look at this article about counting and summing in Excel:

http://www.microsoft.com/office/prev...s/column10.asp

Regards,
Bondi