-   -   Percentage problems (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/92813-percentage-problems.html)

chedd via OfficeKB.com

Percentage problems

I am trying to produce a report between 2 sheets to show the difference
between two cell totals by a percentage plus state to whether there is an
increase/decrease or the same . The formula to obtain the percentage I am
using is B9/'Apr 06 monthly report'!B9, but do to my lack of knowlege in this
area i would appreciate some ideas on a formula to help with my query?

Bob Phillips

Percentage problems

=B9/'Apr 06 monthly report'!B9&IF(B9'Apr 06 monthly report'!B9,"
increase"," decrease")

--
HTH

Bob Phillips