-   -   Queries on Pivot table (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/92811-queries-pivot-table.html)

Hari

Queries on Pivot table

Hi,

I have many page fields. I see that some of the page fields have --
(All) -- displayed in the drop-down box while 2 of the page fields have
-- (Multiple Items) -- in the drop-down box. Why such a difference?

Also one of the page fields which has -- (Multiple Items) -- is not
displaying the list of all unique entries for that column in the source
data. (This happens after I change this item to a column field and
select only some of the values and when I get bored I change this field
back to a page field).

regards,
HP
India

Manoj

Queries on Pivot table

Double click on the field name and check if there are any data items
highlighted in the "Hide Items" box in the bottom. You have an option of
suppressing the data items using this method. Click on the highlighted data
items to unhide it.

See if this works.

Manoj
India

"Hari" wrote:

Hi,

I have many page fields. I see that some of the page fields have --
(All) -- displayed in the drop-down box while 2 of the page fields have
-- (Multiple Items) -- in the drop-down box. Why such a difference?

Also one of the page fields which has -- (Multiple Items) -- is not
displaying the list of all unique entries for that column in the source
data. (This happens after I change this item to a column field and
select only some of the values and when I get bored I change this field
back to a page field).

regards,
HP
India

Hari

Queries on Pivot table

Manoj,

Thanks a lot. I didnt know about this. I believe I might have copy
pasted wrong figures to another workbook of mine due to this.

Is there a way to unhide all items quickly. Iam presently forced to
click on each item one by one and then "unhide" it.

Regards,
HP
India

"Hari" wrote:

Hi,

I have many page fields. I see that some of the page fields have --
(All) -- displayed in the drop-down box while 2 of the page fields have
-- (Multiple Items) -- in the drop-down box. Why such a difference?

Also one of the page fields which has -- (Multiple Items) -- is not
displaying the list of all unique entries for that column in the source
data. (This happens after I change this item to a column field and
select only some of the values and when I get bored I change this field
back to a page field).

regards,
HP
India

Debra Dalgleish

Queries on Pivot table

There's nothing that lets you quickly unhide all the items while the
field is in the page area.

You could temporarily move the field to the row area, and use the Show
All option there.
Then move the field back to the page area.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

Hari