Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike L.

Default Trying to do too much?

I have a column (well, multiple columns, but I can copy the formula
from column to column) that is an age group/class (baseball
tournaments). Then, then 4 rows of top teams in the tournament, then
the amount of teams in the tournament. The next cell starts a new
tournament (with 4 top teams, then the amount of teams)

So it's like;
New York
LA
Chicago
Memphis
14
LA
Montreal
Chicago
Austin
22

What I need to give each city a value based on their place and the
amount of teams in the tournament.

It is;
<7; 1st=2, 2nd=1, 3rd=.5
8-13: 1st=4, 2nd=2, 3rd=1, 4th=.5
14; 1st=6, 2nd=4, 3rd=2, 4th=1

Is there a way to do this? Would I have to make a column that assigns
values of cells depending on the amount of teams? I'm kind of lost, if
anyone can gimme an idea of where to go, I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks!