-   -   Cannot view cell content until I press enter (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/92644-cannot-view-cell-content-until-i-press-enter.html)

AnisKhan

Cannot view cell content until I press enter

This is driving me mad - On an old worksheet which I use in the latest Excel
Beta, I cannot view what I am typing in the cell until I press enter. It
appears in the formula bar but not in the cell.

Strangely, if I create a new blank worksheet, I can view cell content while
typing in there so it seems it must be a option that I need to toggle for the
old worksheet.

I've looked everywhere but still cannot find it.

Hope someone can help

kassie

Cannot view cell content until I press enter

I have no knowledge of Excel 2007, but it sounds like you have to tick the
option to edit directly in a cell. Try under Tools|Options, select the Edit
tab

"AnisKhan" wrote:

This is driving me mad - On an old worksheet which I use in the latest Excel
Beta, I cannot view what I am typing in the cell until I press enter. It
appears in the formula bar but not in the cell.

Strangely, if I create a new blank worksheet, I can view cell content while
typing in there so it seems it must be a option that I need to toggle for the
old worksheet.

I've looked everywhere but still cannot find it.

Hope someone can help

AnisKhan

Cannot view cell content until I press enter

I have been trying to find this option but cannot find it within Excel 2007
Beta.

AnisKhan

Cannot view cell content until I press enter

I think I might have solved it - I removed some conditional formatting and
it's working now.

Strange, this problem didn't exist in Excel 2002.

kassie

Cannot view cell content until I press enter

That's part of the joy of using Beta software!