-   -   can i make an X = 10 in excel? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/92613-can-i-make-x-%3D-10-excel.html)

tatertatum

can i make an X = 10 in excel?

I wish to use an X to =10 when ever i put it in a cell?
can this be done?

Chip Pearson

can i make an X = 10 in excel?

I'm not sure what you mean, but you could insert a defined name
(CTRL+F3) named X which refers to the number 10. Then, use X in
your formulas:

=X+1

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"tatertatum" wrote in
message
I wish to use an X to =10 when ever i put it in a cell?
can this be done?

Ardus Petus

can i make an X = 10 in excel?

Menu InsertNameDefine
name: X
Refers to: =10 (with the equal sign)

HTH
--
AP

"tatertatum" a écrit dans le message
de news: ...
I wish to use an X to =10 when ever i put it in a cell?
can this be done?

tatertatum

can i make an X = 10 in excel?

I am looking to place x in a cell and if any formula pulls from that cell it
will give me a value of 10.

"Ardus Petus" wrote:

Menu InsertNameDefine
name: X
Refers to: =10 (with the equal sign)

HTH
--
AP

"tatertatum" a écrit dans le message
de news: ...
I wish to use an X to =10 when ever i put it in a cell?
can this be done?

Ardus Petus

can i make an X = 10 in excel?

Enter "=A1*X" (without the quotes) to get the contents of A1 multiplied by
10
You can use X anywhere in your formulae.

HTH
--

"Ardus Petus" wrote:

Menu InsertNameDefine