-   -   Formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/92584-formula.html)

martin

Formula

I need to find the lower number of three numbers but I have a N/A error in
two sometimes due to a vlookup formula. Is their away of ignoreing n/a ERROR
??

paul

Formula

your min formula will ignore blank cells so wrap your vlookup formulas
something like this
=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(F25,D25:E27,2,FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP( F25,D25:E27,2,FALSE))

--
paul

remove nospam for email addy!

"martin" wrote:

I need to find the lower number of three numbers but I have a N/A error in
two sometimes due to a vlookup formula. Is their away of ignoreing n/a ERROR
??

Zygan

Formula

if your looking up the lowest number in a table scrap the vlookup and
try

= MIN("your range")

exmaple
Column A
1
2
3
4
5
0
6
7

code would be
=MIN("A1:A8")
would return the value 0

however there is a way of not returning the balue of n/a and you need
the code

add

=isna("your formula")

this will return the word TRUE if the real value is n/a

i know it is a long winded formula however does work
=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(value,range,column,FALSE)),"",(VL OOKUP(value,range,column,FALSE)))

basically what it says is
if the first vlookup is na then return "" - (nothing)
if its not na then do the vlookup

--
Zygan
Zygan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34423