-   -   Between Sheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/92486-between-sheets.html)

Francisco

Between Sheets

I have a value in a cell in first sheet i try to put the value in another
sheet by reference if i delete the value in the first sheet i lost the value
of the cell. How can keep the value in the new sheet?

AFSSkier

Between Sheets

Copy the Value from Sheet1. Goto Sheet2, right click, Paste Special. Then
you can delete Sheet1. or If the Value in Sheet2 is a VLOOKUP Value of
Sheet1. Copy the Cell Value in Sheet2, right click, Paste Special back into
the same Cell.

"Francisco" wrote:

I have a value in a cell in first sheet i try to put the value in another
sheet by reference if i delete the value in the first sheet i lost the value
of the cell. How can keep the value in the new sheet?

Francisco

Between Sheets

Desire that is made automaticamente because I have much information in sheet1
can you help me?

"Francisco" wrote:

I have a value in a cell in first sheet i try to put the value in another
sheet by reference if i delete the value in the first sheet i lost the value
of the cell. How can keep the value in the new sheet?

AFSSkier

Between Sheets

If I understand correctly, Goto Sheet1, click Select All button (located in
the top left corner), Copy the Values from Sheet1. Goto Sheet2, right click,
Paste Special. Then
you can delete Sheet1. If this is not what you are looking for, please be
more specific with your question.

"Francisco" wrote:

I have a value in a cell in first sheet i try to put the value in another
sheet by reference if i delete the value in the first sheet i lost the value
of the cell. How can keep the value in the new sheet?

Francisco

Between Sheets

Ok i want to send all information without use copy and paste, because i want
to do automatic. i don't if can do that.

"Francisco" wrote:

I have a value in a cell in first sheet i try to put the value in another
sheet by reference if i delete the value in the first sheet i lost the value
of the cell. How can keep the value in the new sheet?

AFSSkier

Between Sheets

Are you using a formula like VLOOKUP to bring the data into Sheet2? The
value in Sheet2 is like a mirrored image of Sheet1. If you don't
copy-paste-special you lose the value of Sheet1 from Sheet2. When you remove
the value in Sheet1 it's like you walking away from the mirror, your image is
gone from the mirror. Copy-paste-special is like taking a picture of you in
the mirror. You're mirrored image is captured in the picture.