-   -   auto hyperlink between many sheets? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/92400-auto-hyperlink-between-many-sheets.html)

gab2409

auto hyperlink between many sheets?

I have a book with about 80 sheets(accounts), and I need to do 2
things:
1. hyperlink to each sheet by the sheet name. the name is also in hte
actual sheet

2. have a master sheet with info from each of the 80 sheets. this
will be about 3-4 entries for each account.

the info is from a form, and all of the needed entries are on the same
cells for each sheet. can I use some sort of formula to auto-populate
this info? if I can get the data from all 80 accounts on one sheet, I
can manually hyperlink them pretty easily. thoughts?

--
gab2409
gab2409's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=20483

Daniel CHEN

auto hyperlink between many sheets?

The following utility program may help you to navigate your 80+ sheets.
http://www.xldatasoft.com/downloads/SortSheet.xls

You need to enable macro in order to make it work properly.

--
Best regards,
---

I have a book with about 80 sheets(accounts), and I need to do 2
things:
1. hyperlink to each sheet by the sheet name. the name is also in hte
actual sheet

2. have a master sheet with info from each of the 80 sheets. this
will be about 3-4 entries for each account.

the info is from a form, and all of the needed entries are on the same
cells for each sheet. can I use some sort of formula to auto-populate
this info? if I can get the data from all 80 accounts on one sheet, I
can manually hyperlink them pretty easily. thoughts?

--
gab2409
gab2409's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=549091

gab2409

auto hyperlink between many sheets?

that looks great, actually. but, when I click on a link, it always
gives me an error that says that the reference is not valid. is there
anything I can do? thanks in advance.

--
gab2409
gab2409's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=20483
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=549091

gab2409

auto hyperlink between many sheets?

any thoughts?

--
gab2409
gab2409's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=20483
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=549091

Dave Peterson

auto hyperlink between many sheets?

You already have the list of worksheet names in a column in that "index"
worksheet?

If yes, you could use an adjacent cell with a formula like:
=HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",INDIRECT("'"&A1&"'!a 1")),"Click me")
(the worksheet name is in A1)

If you don't have a list of worksheet names, maybe you could use David
McRitchie's Build Table of Contents to get the list and the hyperlinks all at
once:

Another option if you want a more generic solution:
http://contextures.com/xlToolbar01.html
From Debra Dalgleish's site.

It builds a toolbar that you can use with any workbook to navigate to any
worksheet.