-   -   Protecting Macro and selected sheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/92362-protecting-macro-selected-sheets.html)

ST

Protecting Macro and selected sheets

I have written a macro to generate reports in few sheets of a
workbook.Is there a way to prevent users from seeing the macro and at
the same time allowing them to view/edit the rest of the workbook.

Also is it possible to protect selected sheets in a workbook?

Dave Peterson

Protecting Macro and selected sheets

You can protect your code by doing this within the VBE:

Tools|VBAProject Properties|Protection tab
Lock the project for viewing and give it a memorable password.

You can use tools|protection|protect sheet
but you have to do it one sheet at a time.

(or write a macro that would loop though the selected sheets)

--

Dave Peterson