-   -   paste special not working in excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/92179-paste-special-not-working-excel.html)

Lisa Excel Queen

paste special not working in excel

I keep getting a worksheet object box when I try to paste special between two
workbooks. This just started this morning. Is there a system problem, or is
something messed up in options?

Dave Peterson

paste special not working in excel

I think you're trying to copy|paste from different instances of excel.

Close one of the instances.

Then in the other instance, use File|open to open that other workbook.

Now do the copy|paste and things should be back to normal.

--

Dave Peterson