-   -   TRUE condition??? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/92169-true-condition.html)

pmguerra

TRUE condition???

Hi

I have an IF formula in one cell which returns "" (blank) if the
condition is true. But if I use, in another cell:

=A10

where A1 is my first cell, theoretically blank, it returns TRUE...

Any explanations???

Thank You!

--
pmguerra
pmguerra's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=14986

TRUE condition???

Hi

Maybe your first IF formula has a true option:
=IF(A2=10,"","False")

Andy.

"pmguerra" wrote in
message ...

Hi

I have an IF formula in one cell which returns "" (blank) if the
condition is true. But if I use, in another cell:

=A10

where A1 is my first cell, theoretically blank, it returns TRUE...

Any explanations???

Thank You!

--
pmguerra
pmguerra's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=548586

David Biddulph

TRUE condition???

"pmguerra" wrote in
message ...

Hi

I have an IF formula in one cell which returns "" (blank) if the
condition is true. But if I use, in another cell:

=A10

where A1 is my first cell, theoretically blank, it returns TRUE...

Any explanations???

Blank is different from empty.
You may want something like
=AND(A10,A1<"")