-   -   How prompt Excel user to fill cell with text, i.e., proposal name (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/92167-how-prompt-excel-user-fill-cell-text-i-e-proposal-name.html)

Deb

How prompt Excel user to fill cell with text, i.e., proposal name

Building a budget template for salespeople and want to prompt the user to
enter the name of the customer in one cell and then the name of the proposal
in the other cell. How do I set this up so that a message pops up and
requires them to enter the information? (I've tried data validation, but it
only works if you select the cell. I would like Excel to automatically
prompt them to fill it in.)

Bearacade

How prompt Excel user to fill cell with text, i.e., proposal name

Put this in your ThisWorkbook inside VBA
Change A1 and B1 to the cells you want to propulate

Private Sub Workbook_Open()

Dim CustName As String
Dim PropName As String

CustName = InputBox("What is Customer's Name?", "Customer's Name")
PropName = InputBox("What is the name of the Proposal?", "Proposal
Name")

Range("A1").Value = CustName
Range("B1").Value = PropName

Bearacade
Bearacade's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35016
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=548587

Deb

How prompt Excel user to fill cell with text, i.e., proposal n

Well, I've stumbled my way through finding the ThisWorkbook and pasting your
formula there. But now how do I get it to work? (Novice)

"Bearacade" wrote:

Put this in your ThisWorkbook inside VBA
Change A1 and B1 to the cells you want to propulate

Private Sub Workbook_Open()

Dim CustName As String
Dim PropName As String

CustName = InputBox("What is Customer's Name?", "Customer's Name")
PropName = InputBox("What is the name of the Proposal?", "Proposal
Name")

Range("A1").Value = CustName
Range("B1").Value = PropName

Bearacade
Bearacade's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35016
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=548587

Bearacade

How prompt Excel user to fill cell with text, i.e., proposal name

close your spreadsheet and open it =)

If you need to change the way it works, tell me, I will change the
code for you

--
Bearacade

Bearacade's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35016
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=548587

Deb

How prompt Excel user to fill cell with text, i.e., proposal n

Didn't work.

"Bearacade" wrote:

close your spreadsheet and open it =)

If you need to change the way it works, tell me, I will change the
code for you

--
Bearacade

Bearacade's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35016
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=548587

Bearacade

How prompt Excel user to fill cell with text, i.e., proposal name

Can't attached the xls. if you want me to send you a sample file, give
me your email address or send one to me at

--
Bearacade

Bearacade's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=548587