-   -   Can I write a Macro into an IF Function? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/92096-can-i-write-macro-into-if-function.html)

FX42N

Can I write a Macro into an IF Function?

DATA TABLE ___________________ /|\ DDE
TIME / OPEN /* HIGH */ LOW / CLOSE /|\ *PRICE*

Greetings. I am requesting assistance. I have a data table which
contains the following columns: TIME, OPEN, HIGH, LOW, CLOSE. This
information was obtained separately from a Dynamic Data Exchange, which
has only one field: PRICE.

My goal is to record new HIGH values in the current HIGH cell. I
attempted to do so with the following: "=if(PRICEHIGH, PRICE, HIGH)"
but it does not work because once PRICE dips under the old HIGH value,
the old HIGH value returns. Needless to say, the new HIGH value was
not recorded.

I've written a macro that can perform this, but I can not monitor each
data table to run the macro when required. I have sought to
incorporate the macro into an IF Function, but have not yet found a
way. Perhaps there is a better approach I have not thought of yet.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. :) Thanks.

--
FX42N
FX42N's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34923

C01d

Can I write a Macro into an IF Function?

You could try recording a list of prices and using the Max function to
find the highest value.

--
C01d
C01d's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34422