-   -   rounding to 25 cent incriments (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/92060-rounding-25-cent-incriments.html)

Candyk

rounding to 25 cent incriments

Hi and help please,
I need to round a dollar value up to the nearest .25 cents.
I want to do this is botha: cells that I enter a dollar value into
and cells that display the result of a sum (formula)
Please tell me how to do it.
Thanks,
Candice

KellTainer

rounding to 25 cent incriments

Hi

This should work I guess

if A1 contains your value, den put this in any cell to get the rounded
value.

=IF(MOD(A1,0.25) = 1/8, CEILING(A1,0.25), FLOOR(A1,0.25))

--
KellTainer
KellTainer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34322

[email protected]

rounding to 25 cent incriments

Hi,

=ROUND(A1*4,0)/4

or

= ROUND(A1/25,2)*25

HTH,
Bernd

Candyk

rounding to 25 cent incriments

Thank you, now this is great, it rounds up but it also rounds down as
well...such as 256.36 becomes 256.25
can I make "any/all" rounds go "upwards"?

"KellTainer" wrote:

Hi

This should work I guess

if A1 contains your value, den put this in any cell to get the rounded
value.

=IF(MOD(A1,0.25) = 1/8, CEILING(A1,0.25), FLOOR(A1,0.25))

--
KellTainer
KellTainer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34322
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=548291

Ron Coderre

rounding to 25 cent incriments

Try this:

For a value in A1

B1: =CEILING(A1,0.25)

Is that something you can work with?

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"Candyk" wrote:

Hi and help please,
I need to round a dollar value up to the nearest .25 cents.
I want to do this is botha: cells that I enter a dollar value into
and cells that display the result of a sum (formula)
Please tell me how to do it.
Thanks,
Candice

Candyk

rounding to 25 cent incriments

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!
I will go back to my humble little workbook now....
ever so happy you showed me how to do what I wanted it to do.
Thank you again!
Candice

"Candyk" wrote:

Hi and help please,
I need to round a dollar value up to the nearest .25 cents.
I want to do this is botha: cells that I enter a dollar value into
and cells that display the result of a sum (formula)
Please tell me how to do it.
Thanks,
Candice

KellTainer

rounding to 25 cent incriments

Np, yeah, I was assuming you meant a rounded function because it was
specifed up or down lol.