-   -   How to set the default "summarized by" of a data field to "Sum"? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/92040-how-set-default-summarized-data-field-sum.html)

Jeffrey

How to set the default "summarized by" of a data field to "Sum"?

When making pivot table, it's very common that when a data field is dragged
into the table, it is defaulted to be summarized by Count, while in most
cases, it's a Sum that we need. Is that a way to set "Sum" as a default?

Dave Peterson

How to set the default "summarized by" of a data field to "Sum"?

Nope.

Excel will use sum if all the entries in that field are numeric.

If any are blank or text, you'll get Count.

--

Dave Peterson