-   -   Excel Spreadsheet Not Saved Dialog Error (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/91914-excel-spreadsheet-not-saved-dialog-error.html)

KNETTEK

Excel Spreadsheet Not Saved Dialog Error

The Disclaimer:
This issue is related to interopability betwen Excel 2003 and Excel 2007
(Beta 2). If it is supposed to be in another thred I appoligize, point me to
that thred and I will take it there.

The Issue:
I have an Excel Template (.xlt) that I created. It works fine in 2003 as
wold be expected. I can open/save/edit/save etc without problem. When I
open it in Excel 2007 it also works fine, I can open/save/edit/save and so
forth.

The problem is when I open it in Excel 2007, save it as an .XLS 2003 Excel
spreadsheet and try to open that .XLS spreadsheet in Excel 2003. Once it has
been saved by Excel 2007 (Compatability Mode) it can no longer be saved via
Excel 2003.

Has anyone seen this problem? Does anyone know if it is a known issue/bug?
Do you know of a solution/workaround etc?

Thank You

Ron Morris
KNETTEK