-   -   Using Pivot Table Values (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/91724-using-pivot-table-values.html)

mgross

Using Pivot Table Values

Hi,

Is there any other function to retrieve pivot table values rather than
"getpivottable()." The reason I ask is that I find myself manually
entering a lot of formulae rather using autocomplete as it does not
seem to work no matter what I try when using pivot tables. Is there a
way to make the pivot table "seem" like a regular spreadsheet and I can
just use the values that appear as though they are in the cells that
they appear in (ie. Can I use =R44 rather than
"getpivottable("blah","blah", etc...)"? I am performing an analysis on
the data that comes out of a pivot table (and yes, it is being updated
a lot so I cannot just copy and paste it into another worksheet) on the
right of the pivot table. Everytime I update the table (and say it adds
rows and/or columns) is there a way that I would NOT have to update my
formulae each time?

Thanks in advance,
-mg

--
mgross
mgross's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35023

Ron Coderre

Using Pivot Table Values

Ah, yes....the occaissionally despised GetPivotData function.

See Debra Dalgleish's website for instructions on how to rid yourself
of that annoyance. :D

Does that help?

Regars,
Ron