-   -   MS Excel 2000 - Change PivotTable DataSource (Access2000 database) (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/91236-ms-excel-2000-change-pivottable-datasource-access2000-database.html)

Scott

MS Excel 2000 - Change PivotTable DataSource (Access2000 database)

Hi,

We have a large number of PivotTables which are based on data from an
Access database relating to a site specific dataset. We also have three
further structurally identical databases for separate sites for which
we'd like to re-use our formatted PivotTables but are yet to find an
easy way of changing the database path from e.g. g:\GIS\SiteA.mdb ro
g:\gis\SiteB.mdb.

Is there a macro or similarly easy way of updating just the file path
in all of these pivot tables so we can use them on these other sites. I
did a quick Usenet search but couldn't find anything all that obviously
suitable. I should say that I am not that good with programming so an
easy to follow answer would be especially well received.

Many thanks,

Scott