-   -   Importing txt files one character per column/row. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/91065-importing-txt-files-one-character-per-column-row.html)

[email protected]

Importing txt files one character per column/row.

I have several txt-files containing data as "fixed-with-files". With
data in the positions 1 to 1900 on the top tree rows (not in the same
positions). What I want to do is to import the data into excel one
character per row (I know there is a limitation to 256 columns - that
is one of my problems) in order to check where the data is located and
if it is correct.

Since only 256 columns are available I can't import one character per
column from left to right but have to go from top to bottom one
character per row (the spaces are as important as the data). And I need
it to start over in the next column the next line in txt file starts.

Anyone who can help?