-   -   can i attach the same comment to different cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/91058-can-i-attach-same-comment-different-cells.html)

shanec1987

can i attach the same comment to different cells

I have a series of spreadsheets that are used by others. Given the amount of
data i use the comments box to provide explanations. In at least two of the
workbooks theses comments are repeated and rather than inserting them time
and again i want to be able to insert the comment once and attach it to
different cells.

Arvi Laanemets

can i attach the same comment to different cells

Hi

PasteSpecialComments

--
Arvi Laanemets
( My real mail address: arvi.laanemets<attarkon.ee )

"shanec1987" wrote in message
I have a series of spreadsheets that are used by others. Given the amount
of
data i use the comments box to provide explanations. In at least two of
the
workbooks theses comments are repeated and rather than inserting them time
and again i want to be able to insert the comment once and attach it to
different cells.

Gary''s Student

can i attach the same comment to different cells

You don't have to enter the same comment more than once.

Enter the comment, then copy the cell, then pastespecialcomment
to any cell the want the comment to appear.
--
Gary''s Student