Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
WhytheQ

Default Updating Links

(using Excel2003 and XP)

i have a wkbookA that has formulas in it linked to cells in wkbookB and

wkbookC
when book A is opened the warning about "Do you want to update links
blah blah...." appears even though I have gone into EditLinks and on
2003 there is an option to automatically update links and do not warn
user, which I have checked, I've checked this box for all links but
still when the user opens the book the message appears.

would the problem be that i have an autoopen routine in the workbook?

any help greatly appreciated
jason

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

There's another setting that you should toggle:

Tools|Options|edit tab|uncheck "Ask to update automatic links"

If you're sharing the workbook with others and expect the same behavior, you'll
want to know that this is a user-by-user setting. Each user would have to
toggle this off. And it affects all workbooks opened by the user, too.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
WhytheQ

cheers Dave.

Jason

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
WhytheQ

Dave,
That worked fine.
Also with 2003 I get an annoying little window opening up on start-up
called "Getting Started" : couldn't see any setting in ToolsOptions
for this one -any ideas?

Thanks again

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
WhytheQ

once again I bow down to your encyclopeidic knowledge of Excel Dave!

also matey: I'm presently trying to get my head around Class Modules &
try to work out how to apply them - can you point me in the direction
of some good internet resources/examples.

thanks again

WhytheQ wrote:

Dave,
That worked fine.
Also with 2003 I get an annoying little window opening up on start-up
called "Getting Started" : couldn't see any setting in ToolsOptions
for this one -any ideas?

Thanks again

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Debra Dalgleish has a list of books at her site:
http://www.contextures.com/xlbooks.html

You may want to look at:

Professional Excel Development
By Stephen Bullen, Rob Bovey, John Green