-   -   Conditional Formatting Top 10 **HELP** (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/90850-conditional-formatting-top-10-%2A%2Ahelp%2A%2A.html)

dan

Conditional Formatting Top 10 **HELP**

Hello all -
I am wanting to highlight the Top10 cells in a range ($D$6:$D$25),
I've got the basic formula but am confused when it comes to cells with
"ties" (a.k.a. the same number), as it wants to highlight more than 10
cells.

My formula is:
=D6=LARGE($D$6:$D$25,10)

How can I modify this so it will account for a "tie" with another cell?

Thanks!
Dan

Biff

Conditional Formatting Top 10 **HELP**

See your other posts. In those posts you wanted the bottom 10, now you want
the top 10? Is that in addition to the bottom 10? It's possible that a value
could be both! See your other post.

Biff

"dan" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello all -
I am wanting to highlight the Top10 cells in a range ($D$6:$D$25),
I've got the basic formula but am confused when it comes to cells with
"ties" (a.k.a. the same number), as it wants to highlight more than 10
cells.

My formula is:
=D6=LARGE($D$6:$D$25,10)

How can I modify this so it will account for a "tie" with another cell?

Thanks!
Dan

dan

Conditional Formatting Top 10 **HELP**

Thanks, you reponded to quikley :o). I deleted out my old post, but
you had responded to it...sorry.

I'm still trying to figure out the calculation (Top or Bottom, not both
at the same time). I did respond to the old post however.

Dan

Biff

Conditional Formatting Top 10 **HELP**

Solution in your original post in .Functions.

Biff

oups.com...