-   -   Exact Copy (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/90546-exact-copy.html)

Saxman

Exact Copy

If I type for example, '5/2' in a cell formatted as text, how can I
simultaneously make a duplicate of this data in another cell?

TIA

Don Guillett

Exact Copy

You can use a link =sheet1!a2 or a worksheet_change event

if target.column<2 then exit sub
target.offset(0,4).value=target

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Saxman" wrote in message
If I type for example, '5/2' in a cell formatted as text, how can I
simultaneously make a duplicate of this data in another cell?

TIA

Saxman

Exact Copy

"Don Guillett" wrote in news:e5g5f1BgGHA.1324
@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl:

You can use a link =sheet1!a2 or a worksheet_change event

This does not appear to work on the same workssheet? Maybe I should have
stated that?

Saxman

Exact Copy

"Don Guillett" wrote in news:e5g5f1BgGHA.1324
@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl:

You can use a link =sheet1!a2 or a worksheet_change event

if target.column<2 then exit sub
target.offset(0,4).value=target

I got it. I just couldn't think today! =A2 and format the cells to
General.