-   -   Abstracting text (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/90510-abstracting-text.html)

Bill Ridgeway

Abstracting text

I have a column containing names which have two elements (of differing
length) separated by a space. I am looking for formulae which will return
the two elements separately (preferably without the intervening space).

Thanks.

Bill Ridgeway

Abstracting text

Hi

Make a copy of your sheet first and then go to Data / Text to columns and
follow the instructions. Use delimited and have <space as delimiter.

Andy.

"Bill Ridgeway" wrote in message
I have a column containing names which have two elements (of differing
length) separated by a space. I am looking for formulae which will return
the two elements separately (preferably without the intervening space).

Thanks.

Bill Ridgeway

Bill Ridgeway

Abstracting text

Thanks Andy. It's much easier than I thought it would be!

Bill Ridgeway

<Andy wrote in message ...
Hi

Make a copy of your sheet first and then go to Data / Text to columns and
follow the instructions. Use delimited and have <space as delimiter.

Andy.

"Bill Ridgeway" wrote in message
I have a column containing names which have two elements (of differing
length) separated by a space. I am looking for formulae which will return
the two elements separately (preferably without the intervening space).

Thanks.

Bill Ridgeway

Abstracting text

Thanks for the feedback - glad you're sorted!