-   -   How to rename references from range names to cell references (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/90303-how-rename-references-range-names-cell-references.html)

Abbas

How to rename references from range names to cell references

I am working with files with defined range names. These name ranges refer to
on cell only. I want to change all formulae in the file: change range name
back to cell reference (so I can delete the range names).

E.g. cell $A$42 is called range "ip_con" - there is a formula in cell b99
that says "=ip_con +200". I want the formula to say "=$A$42+200".
Obviously, there are a lot of these references, so looking them by manually
is NOT an option.

Any help would be appreciated!!!!

Bob Phillips

How to rename references from range names to cell references

I don't know that it does do that, but it sounds the sort of thing that Jan
Karel Pieterse' NameManager addin
http://www.jkp-ads.com/OfficeMarketPlaceNM-EN.asp does. Give it a try.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

(replace xxxx in email address with googlemail if mailing direct)