-   -   ALT +Enter not working? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/90201-alt-enter-not-working.html)

chrisb/asvp

ALT +Enter not working?

Using Excel 2003 - Want to break a line of text in a cell so I can
create a second line of text within the cell...

Alt+Enter used to do the trick (forced line ending) but suddenly it's
not working. Not a hardware fault (Alt and Enter keys working
separately OK).

Has something been changed in a recent batch of MS updates that could
stop this shortcut?

Are there any other ways to input a forced text line ending while
staying within the same cell?

Thanks

ChrisB

--
chrisb/asvp
chrisb/asvp's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34736

chrisb/asvp

ALT +Enter not working?

chrisb/asvp Wrote:
Alt+Enter used to do the trick (forced line ending) but suddenly it's
not working. Not a hardware fault (Alt and Enter keys working
separately OK).

Anyone else had a problem with this?

--
chrisb/asvp
chrisb/asvp's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34736
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=544961

Dave Peterson

ALT +Enter not working?

I've never had a problem. But someone posted this same problem yesterday. They
rebooted and the problem went away.

And have you tried a different keyboard?