-   -   Ctrl-A for new source data in Pivot Table (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/90092-ctrl-new-source-data-pivot-table.html)

KonaAl

Ctrl-A for new source data in Pivot Table

I've created a pivot table for which the source data changes monthly. Through
the wizard I was able to select the new data using Ctrl-A (always in a
separate workbook). However I can no longer do that, whereas my co-workers
are able to (using my pivot table). I've searched through the Excel options
looking for anything I might have accidentally checked/unchecked but with no
luck.

(The pivot table workbook is used by several people and contains a lot of
calculated fields, so I really don't want to re-create it.)

Hopefully there is a simple solution. Thanks! Your help is appreciated.

Allan

rook

Ctrl-A for new source data in Pivot Table

Right click on PT, choose pivot table wizard, back, f2, change source, finish

"KonaAl" wrote:

I've created a pivot table for which the source data changes monthly. Through
the wizard I was able to select the new data using Ctrl-A (always in a
separate workbook). However I can no longer do that, whereas my co-workers
are able to (using my pivot table). I've searched through the Excel options
looking for anything I might have accidentally checked/unchecked but with no
luck.

(The pivot table workbook is used by several people and contains a lot of
calculated fields, so I really don't want to re-create it.)

Hopefully there is a simple solution. Thanks! Your help is appreciated.

Allan

KonaAl

Ctrl-A for new source data in Pivot Table

Thanks for the reply, Rook. Unfortunately nothing happens when I "f2" -- I'm
stumped!

Allan

"KonaAl" wrote:

I've created a pivot table for which the source data changes monthly. Through
the wizard I was able to select the new data using Ctrl-A (always in a
separate workbook). However I can no longer do that, whereas my co-workers
are able to (using my pivot table). I've searched through the Excel options
looking for anything I might have accidentally checked/unchecked but with no
luck.

(The pivot table workbook is used by several people and contains a lot of
calculated fields, so I really don't want to re-create it.)

Hopefully there is a simple solution. Thanks! Your help is appreciated.

Allan

rook

Ctrl-A for new source data in Pivot Table

The f2 key alows you to edit the range (to change it to the range you need).