-   -   Drop Down List (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/89932-drop-down-list.html)

dle

Drop Down List

How do I allow the Input message to appear with each list option
I would like the user to see the short description of each item before
selecting from the sropdown list. The list is on a seperate sheet

paul

Drop Down List

three ways i can think of
comment on each item on a list adjacent to your dropdown,or a datavalidation
message when an item is selected in the list(neither will work in the
dropdown itself)
use the dropdown list to trigger a description as well as the functionality
you want from the list
--
paul

remove nospam for email addy!