-   -   Excel Symbols (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/89855-excel-symbols.html)

randrews13

Excel Symbols

Is there a way to insert new symbols into the symbols tray. I can't seem to
find the folder.

KellTainer

Excel Symbols

I do not think you can add new symbols, since they are all font-related
like character map. Perhaps there are hacks out there as workarounds,
but I do remember seeing one.

--
KellTainer
KellTainer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34322

David McRitchie

Excel Symbols

You can take symbols from CharMap.
You will also have to change the font accordingly.

I add the CharMap to a menu as described on
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/rexx/htm/symbols.htm

Or you could install Chip Pearson's "Symbolizer", don't know
what provisions there are for adding symbols though, since I've
never used it. There is a link on the above page.
---
HTH,