-   -   Can't find cell ref. when recording a macro in excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/89851-cant-find-cell-ref-when-recording-macro-excel.html)

Vinod Lala

Can't find cell ref. when recording a macro in excel

When recordinng a macro in excel, I cant find the 'stop' recording button or
the cell ref. button in the dialog box wihich opens when I start recording.

CLR

Can't find cell ref. when recording a macro in excel

You can "stop" the recording of a macro by doing Tools Macro StopRecording

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Vinod Lala" wrote:

When recordinng a macro in excel, I cant find the 'stop' recording button or
the cell ref. button in the dialog box wihich opens when I start recording.

Michael

Can't find cell ref. when recording a macro in excel

Vinod, at some point you must have closed the "stop recording" button when
recording a macro. To get it back, start recording a macro, any macro, and
then right click a tool bar and select Stop Recording. The button will show
up again. Do not click on the x as this will close the button again. HTH
--
Sincerely, Michael Colvin

"Vinod Lala" wrote:

When recordinng a macro in excel, I cant find the 'stop' recording button or
the cell ref. button in the dialog box wihich opens when I start recording.

Vinod Lala

Can't find cell ref. when recording a macro in excel

Dear Michael,

Indeed, that was so helpful. However, the main purpose of getting this
dialog box back was to be able to choose relative cell ref. Is there any
other way to toggle the cell ref. from absolute to relative?

Best regards

VINOD LALA