-   -   Cell divides by 10 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/89811-cell-divides-10-a.html)

Mossy

Cell divides by 10

Hi

If I enter any number into a cell it divides it by 10, for example if I
enter 32 it displays it as 3.2.

I have tried closing down Excel and re-opening it, but this hasn't
solved it, but if I save the file to a disk and open it on another
machine it displays it correctly ie 32.

Anyone any ideas

Thanks in advance

Mossy

--
Mossy
Mossy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34654

Bondi

Cell divides by 10

Hi Mossy,
Maybe you have Fixed Decimal places set to 1

If you go to Tools - Options - Edit you can un-check the Fixed
Decimal places

Regards,
Bondi

Mossy

Cell divides by 10

Bondi Wrote:
Hi Mossy,
Maybe you have Fixed Decimal places set to 1

If you go to Tools - Options - Edit you can un-check the Fixed
Decimal places

Regards,
Bondi

Bondi

Thank you so much, I would never have found that.

Much appreciated

Mossy