-   -   Chart question (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/89560-chart-question.html)

Johnfli

Chart question

I have a series of data number that goes into a nice doughnut type chart.
The data is dynamic. Sometimes some of the data items will be zero.

How can I set it so that the items that are zero do not display on the
chart?

Thanks

Andre Croteau

Chart question

You might use a helper column and have a formula of type =if(a1=0,NA(),a1)

Any #N/A value do not appear on charts.

rgds

André

"Johnfli" wrote in message
I have a series of data number that goes into a nice doughnut type chart.
The data is dynamic. Sometimes some of the data items will be zero.

How can I set it so that the items that are zero do not display on the
chart?

Thanks

Andy Pope

Chart question

Hi,

Within a donut chart zero sections are not visible. But if you have data
labels or a legend then their information is still displayed.

Here are some pages on suppressing information. They are both based on
pie charts by the principles for donut are the same.

http://www.andypope.info/charts/piezeros.htm

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Jon Peltier

Chart question

True for line and XY charts. Try it with a column, pie, or donut chart. The
value is interpreted as zero, but if you have data labels, the #N/A shows
up. You're better off with zeros and a number format like "0;;;" which shows
positive values, but not zero or negatives.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions