-   -   check whether a date falls in a range (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/89526-check-whether-date-falls-range.html)

RGB

check whether a date falls in a range

Hi! I need a formula which will check to see if a date is in a range between
two dates. To complecate further, if the date is in my range the formula must
then calculate a number to display based on a $ value (from elsewhere)
divided by a number of months (again from another speadsheet).

i have come up with;

=IF(B4=data!E2,(data!H2/data!F2),("")) AND IF(B4<=data!E5,(data!H2/data!F2
),(""))

Clearly this formula doesnt work! Does anybody have any ideas?

What I am trying to do is show customers annual contract amount divided into
an average monthly amount. Obviously each customer has different contract
start and end dates! - i need to see each customer as a different line item,
and future months as columns.

Many thanks
RGB

CLR

check whether a date falls in a range

=IF(AND(B4=Data!E2,B4<=Data!E5),Data!H2/Data!F2,"")

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3