-   -   How to separate names that are entered in 1 column into 2 colums (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/89338-how-separate-names-entered-1-column-into-2-colums.html)

Paula

How to separate names that are entered in 1 column into 2 colums

I want to separate names, example, Doe, John D., that are entered in one cell.
How to separate them into 2 or 3 cells?

Abode

How to separate names that are entered in 1 column into 2 colums

Select the column. Click Data Text to Columns. Then Select the one that
is not Fixed Width (I forgot the name). Check the Comma Box and then the
Space Box. Finish through that. That should seperate them. You may need to
rearrange the columns but that is an easy task.

"Paula" wrote:

I want to separate names, example, Doe, John D., that are entered in one cell.
How to separate them into 2 or 3 cells?

David Biddulph

"Paula" wrote in message
I want to separate names, example, Doe, John D., that are entered in one
cell.
How to separate them into 2 or 3 cells?

Data/ Text to Columns/ Delimited/ choose comma
[Make sure the cells to the right of where you are starting from are blank,
because that's where the output will go.]
--
David Biddulph