-   -   Changed default font, previous font still shows when editing (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/89328-changed-default-font-previous-font-still-shows-when-editing.html)

Font/Editing Problem

Changed default font, previous font still shows when editing

default Changed my default font, exited Excel as instructed. Reopened and
previous font continues to control any editing that I do. How do I make that
stop happening? Thanks!

Joe Mac

Changed default font, previous font still shows when editing

If you are editing a spreadsheet that was initiated with a specific font, say
Arial 10, the wookbook will retain the characteristics of the workbook when
it was established... if you receive a file from someone who uses Bookman 12
and open it, the spreadsheet will open under the specific font set and
characteristics that were used to during creation... once you change the
standard font under the Data/Option window all NEW workbooks will maintain
the characteristics that you apply...
--
Thanks for your help -
Joe Mac