-   -   "assign macro" not an option from short menu (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/89301-assign-macro-not-option-short-menu.html)

SteveJ

"assign macro" not an option from short menu

I have recorded macro, drawn a button on worksheet, when I right-click to
assign the macro, "assign macro" is not an option. Have checked/verified
security levels and still unable to assign macro. Need help. Thanks, Steve

Don Guillett

"assign macro" not an option from short menu

sometimes it can be tricky. try in the lower right of the shape

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"SteveJ" wrote in message
I have recorded macro, drawn a button on worksheet, when I right-click to
assign the macro, "assign macro" is not an option. Have checked/verified
security levels and still unable to assign macro. Need help. Thanks,
Steve

Dave Peterson

"assign macro" not an option from short menu

Did you use a control from the control toolbox toolbar or from the Forms
toolbar?

I'd delete that button and try getting it from the Forms toolbar.