-   -   need help - excel files are not opening (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/89269-need-help-excel-files-not-opening.html)

wolfgang22

need help - excel files are not opening

hello all
i have following problem
when trying to open a excel file from my files it does open excel but
the file does not open i only get the grey screen with excel tool bar
but not the file

if i open excel first and than try to open the same files over " open
file" than it works and the file is opening
does anyone know what is wrong there

regards and thanks for your help

wolfgang 22

--
wolfgang22
wolfgang22's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34561

need help - excel files are not opening

Hi

Go to Tools/Options and toggle 'Ignore Other Applications' on the General
tab.

Hope this helps.
Andy.

"wolfgang22" wrote